Bring your family and friends!The RTM event is a family festival that includes hiking, running, and mountain biking challenges, plus live music, food vendors and a beer garden, along with draws and raffles with great prizes, and several entertaining kids activities.
Hosted by the Kootenay Orienteering Club, the Kimberley Trail Society, and the Kootenay Freewheelers' Cycling Club, the third annual Round the Mountain event takes place on Saturday, June 22, 2013. All races finish at the Nordic Centre so there will be lots of action to check out!
Schedule of Events:
Friday Evening - June 21st
- 5:00 - 7:00 pm Competitor Check-in & Waiver Signing
- 6:00 AM Competitor Check-in Continues
- 7:00 AM Round the Mountain Trek
- 9:00 AM Round the Mountain 20K Run
- 9:30 AM Over the Hill 10 km Trail Run
- 10:00 AM Toddler Extreme
- 11:00 AM Kiddie Extreme
- 12:00 PM Round the Mountain 20 km Mountain Bike & 40K Duo (MTB leg)
- 12:05 PM Junior Duo.
The Kids Area will open at 9:00 AM. and from 11:00 AM there will be lots of entertainment for the whole family, with Food and Refreshments, the Beer Garden opening at 11:30 AM and Live Music starting at noon.