Bring your family and friends!
The RTM event is a family festival that includes hiking, running, and mountain biking challenges, plus live music, food vendors and a beer garden, along with draws and raffles with great prizes, and several entertaining kids activities including Spirit Rock's outdoor climbing wall.
Hosted by the Kootenay Orienteering Club, the Kimberley Trails Society, and the Kootenay Freewheelers' Cycling Club, the seventh annual Round the Mountain event takes place on Sunday, June 25, 2017. All races finish at the Nordic Centre so there will be lots of action to check out!
- 5:00-8:00 PM Registration Centre is open at Kimberley Nordic Centre, Northstar Dr.
- 6:00 AM Registration Centre Opens
- 6:00 AM Free Shuttle Bus from Visitor Centre - Shuttle Runs every 30 minutes
- 6:30 AM Warm-up Yoga - 20K Trekkers
- 7:00 AM 20K Trek Start
- 8:00 AM Warm-up Yoga - 10K Runners
- 8:30 AM 10K Run Start
- 9:30 AM Warm-up Yoga - 20K Bikers
- 10:00 AM 20K Bike Start
- 10:15 AM Warm-up Yoga - 20K Runners
- 10:15 AM Kids Registration - opens in Kids Zone for late pick-up
- 10:30 AM Kid Zone opens
- Climbing Wall
- Face Painting
- MTB Skills Course
- 10:45 AM 20K Run Start
- 11:00 AM
- Beer Gardens Opens
- Silent Auction Opens
- Registration Centre Closes
- 11:10 AM Awards 10K Run
- 1:00 PM Live music with The Hollers
- 1:30 PM Awards 20K MTB
- 1:45 PM Awards 20K Run
- 2:00 PM Kiddee Extreme Race - 6 & under
- 2:30 PM Adventure Kids Race - 12 & under
- 3:00 PM Silent Auction Closes
- 3:15 PM Awards Adventure Kids
- 4:00 PM Last Shuttle Bus to the Platzl
- 4:00 PM It's a Wrap!
Food and Beverage
- Live Music by The Hollers & DJ Ray
Free Bike Friendly Bus Shuttle by Kimberley Transit
- Morning Service: from 6:00am - noon leaving the Visitor Centre every 20-30 minutes
- Afternoon Service: from noon - 4:00pm leaving the RTM Festival every 20-30 minutes
- Bus stops: Visitor Centre -Downtown; Ski Hill Base Parking Lot - South End; RTM Festival - Nordic Centre
About The Races
RTM 2017 is hosted in part by the Kootenay Orienteering Club. KOC provides insurance coverage for the event, which is actually a very simple orienteering event using electronic timing designed for orienteering. But don’t fret, we did this before and everyone managed just fine! The details of the orienteering event are:
- We encourage you to review the map beforehand so you are familiar with the course route ( the route is also marked on race day) and control point locations
- Every racer (not Trekkers or Kids Racers) will receive a timing stick the morning of the Festival. Any lost sticks will be charged at $50 each
- Each race course has a number of control locations, where you much “check-in” with your supplied timing stick. At the end of the race, you will also “check-in” at the finish control. This gives you split times for each section of the race, as well as your overall time
- After finishing, each racer must go to the timing hut to “download” their times and hand in their timing stick.
RTM is all about fun, but it's still a race. We give awards for Junior 16 and Under, Open 17-49 and Masters over 50 in our competitive events. If there are less than 3 entries in the Masters category they will be combined with the Open Categories.
Kids awards will also be given to those 12 & under, in the Adventure Kids race.
And don't worry if you're not the fastest: there will be lots of giveaways on the day plus a whole lot of fun for everyone.
||12 & Under
||Junior - 16 & under
|20 km Run
||Male & Female
|20 km MTB
||Male & Female
|10 km Run
||Male & Female
- X – Awards will be presented for these age categories only
- Male & Female – Awards will be presented to both male and female categories
- Mixed – Awards will presented for the best overall results, regardless of gender
- Categories with two or less entries will be combined with the open category
There will be a special award should a new course record time be set for the 20 km Bike and 10K & 20K Run events.
Click the link below to download a copy of the RTM Waiver
RTM 2017 Waiver (29 KB)